Many people worry about pretreating grey hair before dyeing it. The fact is that your natural hair can become gray because of premature, natural aging, or genetics. Then, you will think about coloring to cover it. However, this way contains ammonia and chemicals. If you are looking for a great treatment to make your hair strong and healthy, you should check out this article. We will let you know how to pretreat your gray hair before you color it.
How to pre-soften grey hair before Dyeing
In order to pretreat grey hair before dyeing it, you can follow some following hair mask remedies:
- Coconut oil
- Jojoba oil and coconut oil
- Castrol oil and coconut oil
When it comes to the best lubricants, we cannot ignore coconut oil. It contains lauric acid, anti-microbial, as well as medium-chain fatty acids. This oil can control hair fall and dandruff. If you use this oil before dye, your hair can be protected from chemicals as well as toxins. Moreover, it can also make your hair regrowth, smooth, and shiny.
How to apply it
- Take an amount of oil-based on the length of your hair. Then, apply it to your hair gently.
- Give your hair a massage with your hands. Make sure the oil has absorbed it.
- Leave the coconut oil in your hair overnight. Use a cap or plastic bag to cover it. Otherwise, a stain of coconut oil can leave on your pillowcase.
- Rinse it and remove all the oil on the day after.
- The result will surprise you since the coconut oil will make your hair soft, shine, and straighten.
Jojoba oil and Coconut oil
Jojoba oil can be used as an ingredient in makeup, shampoos, as well as body lotion. It is a useful option because of its moisturizing property. Moreover, this oil is non-toxic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial.
This oil is one of the best hair oils that can help handle damaged, dry hair. It is a good solution for all hair types, such as split ends, dry hair, or one that is prone to damage or tangling.
It’s a good idea to combine your coconut oil with jojoba oil. Both of them contain moisturizers that you should use before coloring your hair.
How to apply it
- Mix your coconut oil with the equal amount of jojoba oil. Then, massage the mixture on your hair gradually.
- Once you notice the mixture is absorbed on your hair, you should leave it on your hair overnight.
- Rinse it as well as remove all oil the next morning. After that, use your shampoo.
- You will be surprised with the result.
- It can be used twice a week for the best result.
Castrol Oil and Coconut Oil
If you are looking for a natural treatment to grow longer hair, you can consider using Castrol oil. You can mix it with coconut oil to make it more comfortable and less thick when applying it to your hair. Besides, this mixture can make your hair shiny, healthy, soft, and thick. It is a great option for those who have a sensitive scalp, itchy, and curly.
How to apply it
- You need to mix one tablespoon with two tablespoons.
- Stir these oils well. Then, apply them on detangle, dirty hair.
- You can apply them by using a tooth comb. You shouldn’t soak your hair with Castrol oil.
- Promote the scalp circulation by massaging it. Next, use a scarf or a plastic bag to wrap your hair.
- Wash your hair the next day. You should use some green tea. Then, leave it for about five minutes.
- Use your favorite shampoo as usual.
- You can use it once a week.
How to apply dye after pretreating Your Gray Hair
Your hair needs to be rested for two days after the pretreatment of grey hair. After that, it is ready for dye application. However, the dye contains ammonia and chemicals as mentioned above. Therefore, it is not good for your hair. However, you can save it from these factors by using a hair mask as well as an oil massage.
Before applying the dye, you should wash your hair one day ago. It’s best to use 20 volumes for your gray hair. Besides, it is not harmful to your hair.
Use a shampoo that is free of paraben and sulfate since it is safe for your hair. If you use ones with sulfate, it can make your hair itchy scalp, dry, or fade hair color.
Besides, paraben and sulfate are not good for grey hair and dye hair. We recommend you to choose ones without chemicals.
Now, you can say goodbye to all hair issues, such as dryness, dandruff, hair patches, and frizzy hair. All the above treatments can gain volume and regrowth hair. Besides, they can also help to make your hair shiny, smooth, and soft. Last, care for your health and hair.